ASSA ABLOY is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice describes:
- the types of personal data we collect from you in connection with this website;
- how we use that information and why;
- who we share it with and where;
- how long we store it for;
- your rights, including how you can contact us if you have additional questions about the processing of your personal data; and
- how we can make changes to this notice.
Please click on the links above to navigate directly to the relevant section of this privacy notice.
ASSA ABLOY Holdings Zimbabwe (Private) Limited Ltd (reg: 259/48/1963) of 4 Conald Road, Graniteside, Harare, Zimbabwe as "data controller" is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
We collect and store:- Your name, address, email and/or telephone number which you submit in order to obtain information from us.- Contact and delivery details as well as financial information concerning your online product payments that you submit (a) as part of your account details (if you have one) and/or (b) in connection with any requests for, or purchase of, products on our website.- Your IP address.- Data about how you use this website using Google Analytics.
Why do we process this personal data?
What is the legal basis for such processing?
To provide you with the information you request via the website.
Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to respond to your request.
To set up and manage your account, for example by sending you password reminders or notifications of changes to your account details.
Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to provide you with an online account.
To allow you to use a social media account to set up and access your account.
Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to provide you with an online account via your social media account.
To fulfil your order where you have made a purchase from this website, to contact you about sales and as a part of our customer relation procedures.
Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations where you have placed an order on this website.
To keep your payments safe and secure and protect the security of our website.
It is in our legitimate interests to process personal data to keep our customers' payments secure, prevent fraud and protect our website from cyber attacks.
To carry out statistical analysis about the use of the website to better understand how our website is used and make improvements.
It is in our legitimate interest to look at this information to understand how our website is being used, and to manage and improve it. Since no sensitive personal data will be processed and the processing is limited, we have concluded that our legitimate interest to conduct the analysis and improvements takes precedence over your privacy interest.
To send you communications about relevant products or services which may be of interest, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
We will only send you marketing materials where we have your consent.]
To offer you guided sales tools to assist you with selecting the correct product or service.
To comply with legal requirements to which we are subject, such as tax or financial reporting requirements.
Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We may transfer your personal data for the purposes set out above:
- To other companies within the ASSA ABLOY group (a full list of ASSA ABLOY entities can be found here.
- To third parties who provide services connected to this website or its functions, but only to the extent necessary to provide these services.
- The digital marketing agency responsible for the development of this website. Located in South Africa and bound by the ASSA ABLYO Non-Disclosure Agreement for protection of all personal information.
- When required by law; and/or
- To a buyer or a potential future buyer of our business.
ASSA ABLOY uses standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission (in terms of GDPR requirements) and the South African Government (in terms of POPI requirements) when transferring personal data to ensure a sufficient level of protection.
We take measures to protect all personal data transferred to a third party, or to other countries, in accordance with applicable data protection laws and as stated above.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data has been collected, and in accordance with our internal record retention schedule. This means that we delete your personal data when such data is no longer necessary to process a request or an order, or to manage your account or our client relationship. Statistics which have been anonymised may be saved for longer.
In relation to the personal data that we hold about you, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data from our records;
- Ask that we correct or erase your personal data (though this may mean that we cannot process requests or orders, or that your account expires);
- Ask us to stop processing your personal data (for example as regards the use of the data to improve our website), or restrict how we process it (for example if you deem the data to be incorrect);
- Request the personal data used to provide you with information you requested, process an order, or manage your account or our relationship in a machine-readable format, which you are entitled to transfer to another data controller; and
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your data for marketing purposes at any time.
We may not accept a request to erase your personal data where we require it to comply with a legal obligation or in relation to a legal claim.
Requests to exercise your rights should be addressed to Attn: ASSA ABLOY DPO/DPM at P.O. Box 146, Roodepoort, South Africa, 1725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by ASSA ABLOY you are entitled to report such dissatisfaction to the Chief Financial Officer, the supervisory authority for the personal data processing of ASSA ABLOY.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will notify you of any such changes (including when they will take effect). Your continued use of the website after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this privacy notice, you should stop using this website.